Richard Pleuger’s top something of 2007:
1. Listening to “These Days” by XuXu Fang while pounding down the snowy slopes and spectacular vistas of the Swiss Alps.
2. The Valerie Project at the Silent Movie Theatre (1st night), LA
3. Roky Erickson Live at El Rey, LA
4. Spiritualized at the Vista Theatre (first night), LA
5. Caribou Andorra
6. Remy the Rat in Ratatouille (Pixar)
7. Eight Miles High, the movie on Germany’s 60’s icon Uschi Obermaier
8. Alan Vega Station
9. Filming “Urania Descending” with Tav Falco at the Attersee, Austria
10. Watching Dali’s Destino on a big screen and taking in the sharpest and most dangerous paintings of his career in the “Dali & Film” exhibition, LACMA
11. Retreiving and watching my “lost” master tape of the concert by Berlin’s The Legendary Golden Vampires from 1985. Nineteen atomic minutes, enjoyable someday on the net!
Richard Pleuger is an international man of mystery and longtime contributing editor, writer, photographer, archivist, humorist and general inspiration to Arthur Magazine. His profile of Tav Falco in Arthur No. 21 is one of the most beloved features ever published in the mag.