A press release from The Unit Breed‘s Joseph Demaree that we thought merited posting:
I paint things – www.josephdemaree.com
I make music – www.theunitbreed.com
I myspace – www.myspace.com/theunitbreed
I like to share – www.idiomism.com
Top 3 dreams this month
1. Swimming with my dad while he explains how he will be island-hopping by holding onto a rope tied to a cruse ship. While he starts his journey I float off in my sleeping bag across the water to a suburban island. A friend of mine joins me and breaks into a house where two little kids live. Their father comes out and thinks I’m there to purchase porn. The real porn buyer shows up behind me and I back away and join the blacks down by the docks where we dance and drink while a live band plays the blues.
2. While walking along the sidewalk of a large city, possibly New York, I am with three beautiful women. A carnival is passing by. The carnival consists mostly of rocker kids in punk get-ups on top of burned-out cars playing trashy music and showing off their peacock feathers. One of the cars makes a harsh turn and the band on the roof falls to the street but continue to play.
3. There is a head that is inside of another head and we all walk outside of a pair of eyes that is the backdrop to a theater’s stage. The audience are in penguin suits. Everything empties out and I am standing alone in what once was an active beautiful theater but now looks as if it has burned down in the 1920s.
Top 3 brain foods
1. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! – 2008
2. Terry Gilliam – Brazil – 1985
3. Carlos Castaneda – The Art of Dreaming – 1993
Top 3 life-changing experiences
1. Smoking DMT
2. The death of my father
3. Losing the hearing in my right ear
Top 3 recent visions
1. There is a man who is following me. He is not part of this world. I’ve most recently seen him in my basement, at a close friend’s house in Portland, and the most pronounced appearance was at 4 am at the Gingerbread House in San Jose CA the day after Halloween where he walked up to me and vanished.
2. There is a doorway inside of my basement. I’ve only seen it once. It opened in the center of my room and someone’s shadow closed it.
3. The week following my DMT experience a white-haired goat creature began peeking into my window. He has not been seen since I spoke about him.
Top 3 stupid tricks imagination drugs lights shadows and mirrors can play on you
1. Dimensional non-understanding
2. The beginning and end of all things
3. Perfection’s simple wonder
Goat visitors at your window… imagine your psyche and self as a house. We put up four walls for shelter and privacy, as a filter to keep the monsters out. DMT lets EVERYTHING come flooding back in. The clouds the endless horizon the world as big as you can imagine it, all that good stuff.
But for a moment it’s a little scary because we realize we’ve knocked the walls down and opened the door to “intruders” as well, those shadowy parts of ourselves we tried to expel from the garden. Well it’s all coming back. But DMT is like that flaming sword you have to pass through to get back into the garden. And you know what, nothing made it through that flame, it all burned away to ash. Except for one thing. Even after the whole universe was all gone, one thing remained. Like a musical chair that we all sit in together, or a crown that you put your head into, and everyone else’s head is already there too.
And it felt like deja vu, like I’d been there before. On some level, I think we’re all there now. That’s the part of the heart’s mystery my reason cannot shake.
the painting are incredible.
That feeling of deja-vu seems to be a universal theme with the 5meo-DMT experiences I’ve heard (and experienced). Must have something to do with the birth experience, or just becoming whole again after forgetting for so long.
Glad to have facilitated changing your life.