Arthur’s new 49-minute mixtape, specially designed to accompany (or simulate) a human-plant interaction, is now available as a digital download, featuring a high resolution JPG of the
Arik Roper artwork (above), some additional art and text, and the following sequence of songs, as selected by Arthur editor Jay Babcock and sewn together by engineer/mixer Bobby Tamkin.
50-SECOND TEASER TOKE:
1. “Into the Trees” (from the MOON DUO Escape LP on Woodsist)
2. “Three Quarters” (from the WHITE HILLS White Hills LP on Thrill Jockey)
3. “Sunset” (from the WHITE NOISE SOUND White Noise Sound LP on Alive Naturalsound)
4. “Osiron” (from LORDS OF FALCONRY Lords of Falconry on Holy Mountain)
5. “Pack Your Bags” (from the ENDLESS BOOGIE Full House Head LP on No Quarter)
6. “Johnny’s Dream” (from the MASTERS OF REALITY Pine/Cross’d Over LP)
7. “Tambura” (from the MESSAGES After Before LP on De Stijl)
8. “Harmonic Convergence” (from the ENUMCLAW Opening of the Dawn LP)
Pay what thou wilt, starting at $4.20. All proceeds go towards keeping the Arthur community garden alive through the fall season.
Order here: NO LONGER AVAILABLE BLACKOUT
Like this: Like Loading...
September 27, 2010 by Jay Babcock
Arik Roper, MP3 | Tags:
Arik Roper, blackout, Bobby Tamkin, Endless Boogie, Enumclaw, Lords of Falconry, Masters of Reality, Messages, Moon Duo, White Hills, White Noise Sound, Wooden Shijps |
About Jay Babcock
I am an independent writer and editor based in Tucson, Arizona.
In 2023: I publish an email newsletter called LANDLINE = https://jaybabcock.substack.com
Previously: I co-founded and edited Arthur Magazine (2002-2008, 2012-13) and curated the three Arthur music festival events (Arthurfest, ArthurBall, and Arthur Nights) (2005-6). Prior to that I was a district office staffer for Congressman Henry A. Waxman, a DJ at Silver Lake pirate radio station KBLT, a copy editor at Larry Flynt Publications, an editor at Mean magazine, and a freelance journalist contributing work to LAWeekly, Mojo, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Vibe, Rap Pages, Grand Royal and many other print and online outlets. An extended piece I wrote on Fela Kuti was selected for the Da Capo Best Music Writing 2000 anthology. In 2006, I was somehow listed in the Music section of Los Angeles Magazine's annual "Power" issue. In 2007-8, I produced a blog called "Nature Trumps," about the L.A. River. From 2010 to 2021, I lived in rural wilderness in Joshua Tree, Ca.
This sounds amazing.
Excellent. Will check back for this and buy.
Great music & art! Love it.
EYEBALL RATTLING! awesome
Awesome mixtape! Thanks for being so great!
Not a huge fan but I did discover one band I did like (MoonDuo)
Wow. What a sound you’ve made. Great flow…