Video of White Rainbow, ARP and Lichens’ improvisational accompaniment to Doug Aitken’s “Migration” Installation.
Adam Forkner, the guy behind maximum bliss-out drone project White Rainbow, has six different outlets by which enthusiasts of his inner space sounds can follow his activities. For those fans — such as your contributing editor — who were mostly oblivious to this WR media empire, Forkner has provided a digest update of his most recent activities on his old fashioned blog, or “Life Log.” Of particular interest:
• Upcoming shows with drone-happy lovebirds Windy & Carl take White Rainbow up and down the West Coast in late May 2009, with stops in Seattle, his home base of Portland, Big Sur and two shows here in Los Angeles. The Arthur Atwater office is raising its STOKED level to Red.
• Tracks for the next White Rainbow full length, New Clouds, have been delivered to the mastering dude, with a tentative September 2009 release date on Kranky.
• A WR collaborative EP with Stag Hare is due out “as soon as humanly possible” on Marriage Records.
• Stag Hare you ask? Stag Hare is a crunchy fellow from Utah, and his self-released album Black Medicine Music was the best ambient trail mix of 2008. Thanks to Forest Gospel for being the first to hip us to these nuts and berries desert ragas. Don’t sleep. Though its rustling drum pattering and Juniper-scented driftscapes may have pleasantly soporific effects.
• And new White Rainbow music is available RIGHT NOW and FOR FREE by way of audioblog Raven Sings The Blues, which posted its first compilation, RSTB Presents Vol. 1, back in mid-March. The comp also has top ranking earth psych and noisenik sounds from Wet Hair, Plastic Crimewave Sound, Sic Alps and more. Go get it here.
• Forkner is considering “qutting pizza” for his health. We feel you bro.
And that’s just the White Rainbow stuff. Click here to check out the full post with info on all of his doings.
We’ve been hungry for new White Rainbow jams for awhile now, so here’s a few other Forkner curated emanations that we discovered deep in the Gooogles …
• BONUS 1: Forkner’s 2008 compilation for Deerhunter/Atlas Sound dude Bradford Cox is still available over at Cox’s blog. Go get that — along with the new Atlas Sound tunes that seem to be appearing daily — by clicking this clicky here.
• BONUS 2: For those White Rainbow heads that want to go even deeper, Forkner is an occasional contributor to Greg Davis’ seriously tripped out New Age music audioblog. If you are jonesing for “flute noodling” and such from super-gentle space cadets, Crystal Vibrations is your new favorite website.
Can’t forget this gem!:
Thank you arthur, yr my best friend.
quadruple kaoss pad for realz i need one.
Pingback: Double Dose of Drone: White Rainbow, Windy & Carl in Los Angeles | ARTHUR MAGAZINE - WE FOUND THE OTHERS
Pingback: Tuesday New Age Jams: A different sort of “mothership connection” | ARTHUR MAGAZINE - WE FOUND THE OTHERS